Cinnamon Banana Muffins

by Amy on July 5, 2011

Well, it happened again.  To many bananas, too little time.  So, what could be done with them….banana muffins of course! This is a recipe I posted on my O So Sweet Cookies site, but I wanted to take some new pictures since I now have my new camera. :)  I’ve been researching cameras for about a year now and finally took the plunge.
Anyhow, if you have extra ripe bananas on hand, just as we usually do, I suggest this recipe.  It’s perfect for two people because it only makes 6-7 muffins, depending on size.

Cinnamon Banana Muffins
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup ripe bananas (2 medium, mashed)
2 Tbsp whole milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 tsp fresh nutmeg

Directions: In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, egg, banana, and milk.  In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  If using fresh nutmeg, you may want to reduce the amount just a bit.  Fresh nutmeg is much more potent than ground, but oh so good! Add the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and mix until just moistened.  Don’t over mix! Scoop the batter into your paper-lined muffin cups, about 2/3 full. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.  Use a toothpick to check for doneness.  Cool muffins on a wire rack.  Makes 7 muffins.

You Might Also Like:

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Heaven December 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Hi Mrs. O! :)
That’s looks really good! I would definitely try it. :)

Amy December 20, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Thanks Heaven!

Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time December 20, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Mmmm, these look delicious! Can’t wait to make these. Perfect for breakfast :)

Amy December 20, 2011 at 9:22 pm

They sure are, thanks!

Linda February 18, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I found your site on a Pinterest Board. These muffins look really good. Just happen to have a couple of overripe bananas in the fridge.

Judy May 19, 2012 at 8:57 am

I have never posted on a site before. But, your muffins looked so good I just had to make them. I have to say, the kitchen smells so good. Wow! the taste is out of this world. I did add a small handful of mini chocolate chips and slivered almonds. The next time I think I will try them with pumpkin to replace the banana.
Your muffins not only look good, they also taste good! Thanks for the recipe. Great job!

Amy May 19, 2012 at 10:01 am

I love hearing that! I actually have some ripe bananas on the counter, just waiting to be made into muffins. :) Thanks for posting!!!

Sandra June 2, 2012 at 6:38 am

Hello! I have just made your muffins because they looked really good. Now I’m waiting they cooled to taste it!. Thank you for you inspiration!

Judy June 16, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Amy just made your recipe with the pumpkin,chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. They are sooo good. I have to say my husband is eating them so fast I am going to have to make more. I love that it only takes 10 minutes to make them and 18 minutes to bake them. I also like that it only makes 7 muffins.
Next I am going to lightly mash some blueberries or strawberries. You have the perfect recipe for muffins.
Thanks again!!!

Amy June 17, 2012 at 8:40 am

Thanks Judy! This is such a versatile recipe and so fast! When fall rolls around, you’ll have to give them a try with mashed sweet potato in place of the pumpkin. They are to die for! I just bake my sweet potatoes in the oven for an hour or so and when they’re done, they basically mash themselves! :) Add a bit of cinnamon cream cheese frosting and you have one delicious cupcake! :)

Rebecca July 20, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I just made these for my niece and nephew and they loved them (so did I).

I undercooked them a little bit. But they were still good. My niece isn’t a banana fan so I added some chocolate chips. They were moist and YUMMY!

Amy July 20, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Glad you liked them! And there’s no shame in adding chocolate! ;)

Rebecca September 18, 2012 at 1:42 am

I made these again but instead of banana I used home made chunky apple sauce. I also added a splash of vanilla extract, raisins and sprinkled raw sugar on the tops before baking. They turned out great and the raw sugar adds a nice crunch.

This is a great recipe. Thanks!

Amy September 18, 2012 at 6:46 am

Oh, sounds delish! Homemade chunky applesauce sounds like a perfect substitute for fall! And I’ll need to try the raw sugar on top…have some in the pantry just waiting to be used! :) Thanks for sharing your version!